Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Quick lunch

This weather has got to go. It has been rainy and cold for far too long and it even SNOWED on Sunday. Today as I was walking to the bus I saw a "Happy Easter" sign... directly behind a pile of snow. Hooray Chicago.

This morning it was so cold and rainy I just pushed snooze about 11 times. I finally dragged myself out of bed and realized that I wanted something other than grilled cheese from the cafeteria for lunch, especially since I haven't run in a really long time. I started eating my breakfast and decided at the spur of the moment to put some pasta on to make a tuna pasta salad for lunch. It all came together in less than 15 minutes.

(Photo courtesy of BBC Good Food Online)

Put the following ingredients in a small bowl and mix well:
1 cup of Pasta (Whole wheat rigatoni, thanks for being on sale this week!)
1/2 can of Tuna
2 or 3 glugs of Olive oil
generous sprinklings of Salt/Pepper/Italian Seasoning
10 or 12 Chopped Grape Tomatoes

Add to your lunch bag 1 grapefruit, 1 snack bag of sesame sticks, and 1 snack bag of yogurt-covered raisins, leave the house 20 minutes after waking and pat yourself on the back for a job well done. No grilled cheese for this girl today! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment