Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Stanley's

Like the Chicagoist , we've often noticed Stanley's but never gotten off the bus to explore. Yesterday's trek to "Market Place" on Diversey and Clark had Fresh Pict (with a t!) strawberries at 4 dollars for the 1 pound carton, and M was sure we could do better elsewhere. So after work today I got on the bus and trekked out there. It wasn't that far and it was so totally worth it. I got a whole lot of produce for under 10 dollars: and those strawberries I almost bought yesterday for convenience? 1 dollar, people! 1!!!

Stanley's also has olive oil (tons of it) and a deli selection. Lots of organic things, if you're into that. It's all so cheap I just wanted to stay for hours. Unfortunately, at this point it was already 7 pm (but I'm pretty sure they're open until at least 10) and I had some food to make, so I regretfully pulled myself away from the alluring shelves of produce and made my way home. But don't worry, I'll be back, Stanley. Probably in like three days. My days of being disappointed by high farmer's market prices are pretty much over. I blew a good 20 at the Southside Farmer's Market (61st and Dorchester) this past Saturday.

Pictures of the fruits (vegetables?) of our labor coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment