Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Julie + Julia

After long anticipation, A and I went to see Julie & Julia this evening. I enjoyed it, and perhaps the movie is what is inspiring me to post in our "food blog" after 2 months of neglect.

Julia (Meryl Streep) was pretty adorable. She was cute when she bought food, cooked food, went to cooking school, etc. She was giggly, life-loving, joyful, and energetic. Julie (Amy Adams) was, meh, okay, a little pathetic and ridiculously obsessed and in love with a woman she'd never met. Eric (Chris Messina) was perfect because is perfectly charming and fetching and beautiful as usual. He was probably the most sensible character, always reminding Julie that she had accomplished and cooked and wrote - it wasn't Julia. Julie was seriously lacking confidence: "Julia wouldn't fall apart, Julia wouldn't be mean to her husband, Juuuulia hatessss me!"

Despite her lameness, my favorite quote since I first saw the preview was from Julie: "I can write a blog. I have thoughts."

We can write a blog. We have thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment